Monday, July 1, 2013

DIY Tiffany Blue End Table!


So, for a long time, I'd been saving my money to buy this adorable light blue end table at Ikea:

It's $50, however, which is kind of a big deal for a broke college kid like myself.  Nevertheless, I was planning on buckling down and buying it for my brand-new room.  

My sister, of course, convinced me otherwise.  Like I said, $50 is steep!!  Instead, the sister and I ransacked Goodwill, and I had a breakthrough- why not buy a cheap end table and spray paint it instead?

So that's exactly what I did.  For $15, I bought a gem of an end table that was a gross brown color (the color of my youth) and the sis and I bought the Aqua blue spray paint at Home Depot.  

This is a terrible picture, but you can see the sanded-down monstrosity in the lower right corner: 

Sanding something down first is really important, if you didn't know that already- it helps the paint stick to smooth surfaces and is essential for making sure it lasts a long time.  I do small circles, and make sure to have a glove on- it really wears on your fingers.  

Hamming it up, as per usual: 


And voila: the final product!


It goes so perfectly in my room, and with the $15 price of the table, the $4 I spent on the spray paint, and the free chrome paint I found in my dad's garage and used for the handle, I saved over $30!

Self-five.  Comment if you have any questions or any similar experiences to share!

Catch you on the flip side, 
Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment