Friday, February 22, 2013

Snowpocalypse breeds a new obsession.

Yesterday was a snowy day for which I had no plans other than a staff meeting at the newspaper in the afternoon.  I didn't have to work and because of the blizzard, I REALLY didn't want to leave the apartment until absolutely necessary.

So what did I do?  I decided to catch an hour of a miniseries I started a while back (but stopped because I got a bit bored with it).  I watched an hour, and then two hours, and then finished the entire miniseries before realizing I'd been sitting in my favorite chair for nearly the entire day, devouring this delicious romance.

It's called North and South, based off of the book by Elizabeth Gaskell, and it is absolutely wonderful.  If you're looking for a new obsession or just some angry man candy to drool over, than look no further and watch this RIGHT NOW!  It's on Netflix.  In my eyes, it's comparable to the 2005 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, so that means it's FANTASTIC.


No comments:

Post a Comment