Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Time flies!

I take it it's been a while since my followers have seen a recent picture of me.  In fact, I think it's been over a year.  So if you're curious, I haven't gone through any radical facial changes or haircuts, but I do look slightly older (and hopefully slightly more dignified):


That's me and one of the pups, Scarlett.  She just looked so dang cute.  

So, changes that have happened in the past year or so?  There have been quite a lot.  First of all, I traveled to Ireland for an intern abroad program through my university, and it was one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences I've ever had.  I worked with The Writers' Guild of Ireland and helped them to rebuild a large section of their website.  I also travelled to a film festival with them, co-delivered a presentation on updates in Irish media, and sat in on several talks with award-winning screenwriters.  

 I traveled through the amazing country and embarked on adventures I'll remember forever.  One of these is immortalized in the picture on the left: cliff-diving!

That's something I'll check off my bucket list.

Now, though, I've been back in the States for seven months now.  I can't believe it's been that long-- I remember the day I got to Ireland, and my hands were shaking violently, and I didn't know how to get Euros from the ATM, and I was terrified to start the journey.

Now it's a memory.  God, time moves fast.

Today, it's February and completely cold in Colorado.  The whole state is preparing for a snowstorm and I'm planning to make the trek to see my parents this weekend.

As far as what I've been doing since I've been in the states, I've mainly been training with a local media company and interviewing at companies all over Fort Collins.  It's almost graduation time, which means I've gotta start looking for a job to support myself, considering the fact that me and my roommates just put a deposit down on an adorable house we're renting next semester.

Next year.  Man, I've got to get out of the habit of college-talk.  Pretty soon, I won't be in college anymore.  

And that's pretty much it!  I'm excited to finally be blogging again, and to rebuild this site from the ground up.  It'll look so much better when I'm done with it.  

For more, check out MadisonScruggs.com, and don't forget to subscribe to this blog.  

Happy reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment