Thursday, April 21, 2016

A hard few days.

Being an adult is hard.

Let me rephrase that-- being a 22 year old woman in the workplace is extremely hard.

The reason I haven't blogged in so long is because I've been having a tough time at work.  Nothing too terrible, but issues with people respecting me-- people having trouble following my lead-- these are issues that have been plaguing me for the past few days.

I typed out two specific events in the past few days that have especially bothered me, but who knows who reads this blog? I ended up deleting the paragraphs, as you can see. There's always an issue with being public with your feelings and I constantly feel like I'm having to censor myself on my own blog.

Anyway, just in case, I'll leave the instances out.

But it's hard, really hard, to feel like even after a year in a workplace, no one listens to or respects you.  I blame my age, I try to assert myself, but what else can I do?

#frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment