Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tattoos: DO NOT ASK

I was inspired to write a personal post on our station's sites yesterday after my colleague Matt Sparx wrote this awesome piece about not wanting to have kids. 

I have three tattoos-- nothing too intricate, no sleeves, pretty simple art in hidden places on my body-- and yet I am constantly getting judgement from others about my ink.

I won't rewrite the whole article, but I will link it at the bottom of this post and share a little piece of it here:

1. What does it mean?

 
 
This question may seem totally harmless, and I will be honest– it’s definitely not the worst of the bunch.  However, for me, only one of my tattoos actually has meaning behind it, and that’s the fawn– the rest are just things I love, like the daisy and a horseshoe.
People never fail to make me feel terrible for having a ‘meaningless’ tattoo.  ‘Well, why did you get it, then?’ is the question that always seems to follow the one above.  MAYBE BECAUSE I LIKE IT.  MAYBE BECAUSE IT’S PRETTY.  Maybe….maybe it’s none of your business."

You can read the whole article here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment