Wednesday, March 16, 2016

High School Flashbacks

This weekend, my best friend from Texas came to visit me since she loves spending her birthday amongst the gorgeous Colorado mountains.  Can't say I blame her.

Since it was her 23rd birthday (and I really should have stopped reciting 'nobody likes you when you're tweeeeeenty-three'), we hit the breweries, local Fort Collins restaurants, and, yeah...more breweries.


A photo posted by Madi Scruggs (@madicscruggs) on

I always love it when people come to visit but in the same vein, I wonder just what local Fort Collins hangs define this town.  There's nothing I want more than for my friends and family to see how amazing this city is.

Everyone keeps asking me why I want to stay in Fort Collins so badly and the answer is honestly really simple.  I moved to Fort Collins for college on my own-- it was the first city I ever discovered by myself without my parents and really got to know.  I know the roads, the places, the old buildings and the new ones, and I could tell you the businesses that line College from Laurel to Mulberry.  I know the best parks, the best taco place (Mexicali, duh), and the best thrift stores.

I definitely want to keep moving.  I don't want to know only one place my whole life and I doubt that that will happen, but for right now, I want to stay in Fort Collins because right now, it's my home.

AND I LOVE MY HOME!



A photo posted by Madi Scruggs (@madicscruggs) on

No comments:

Post a Comment