Tuesday, March 8, 2016

OH EHM GEE.

It has been almost a year since my last blog...that is CRAZY!

I have come to terms with the fact that I am terrible at blogging.  I'm going to stop apologizing for it.  You already know this about me and (hopefully?) find it endearing.

Or not. (Insert my signature goat laugh here)

I feel like I'm not going to do a 'year in review' or anything...I mean, maybe down the line I'll do that with a video.  I think that's a good idea because Molly, my sister, and I have always wanted to start vlogging again.

I still have 700 subscribers sitting pretty on my YouTube channel (which is a lot to me!!) and I feel a bit like I'm neglecting them by just leaving them be on that channel with no updates.  HOWEVER, I live with roommates right now-- great people, but not people I feel comfortable vlogging around.  In a few months-- June, to be precise-- I will be moving out into a new place on my own and then I think I'll have plenty of time to vlog again.  FINALLY!

SO while you wait patiently for a 'year in review' video, I'll just give you a few updates since you last saw me in Washington D.C. freaking out about my new big-girl job.

1. I'm blonde now. 

This is actually fairly recent, and I honestly don't know how long it will last. BUT, I'm loving it right now.  Everyone told me I would look terrible as a blonde but I just thought, 'you know what? Life's too short.' And I did it.  And I LOVE it.

2. I'm the digital girl for four radio stations.


You've seen the last post-- I was crazy nervous about my new job as a Digital Managing Editor for Townsquare Media.  Now, I love it.  It's a ton of work and it's very challenging, which is kind of the stock answer so I'll try to make it more interesting....

I just learn new things every day!  I learn things about social media, what works and what doesn't, the best YouTube practices, all sorts of stuff.  There's stuff I'm good at and stuff I'm not, stuff I love and stuff I hate.  Being in this position is like being in a...marriage, I guess.  Hahaha (GOAT LAUGH!). 

Sometimes it's hard, because I feel like I deal with people who don't really respect my position.  And that's kind of standard when you're 22 and in a super cool position-- but it gets hard.  Otherwise, though, this job is awesome.


(The photo is of me at the Colorado Broadcasting Association Awards of Excellence, by the way, which was my first-ever awards show)

I'm not going to go too much more into detail, because I want to kind of just let my life unfold in this blog again like I used to.  Hopefully I'll be better about blogging, but if not, I'll try to at least do one a week and make it a little more cohesive before I can finally vlog again. YAHOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment