Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Working in radio has its benefits!

Like, for example, the fact that I get exposed to new bands before they're really anything.

I'm really lucky to be included in things like music meetings since, even though I'm not on air unless I'm covering for someone who's out, I'm still in the demographic for most of the radio stations.  Which means...oh, yeah....I get some good shit thrown my way.

I wanted to cover some of my favorite stuff in this blog because lately we have gotten some amazing stuff on the air.  Keep in mind, I work for four different genres of stations: alternative, country, pop, and variety (80s, 90s, and today).  There's gonna be some variety, all right.

Personally, I lean towards alt music, but I definitely have to be able to listen to all of our genres in this industry.  Honestly, it's not that hard-- there's good stuff everywhere.

SOOOO....without further ado, here are my favorites of the week/month.

Finish Ticket: Color

I don't think we're playing this on air yet, but I know it's a band we're keeping our eye on.  They're amazing, and honestly, the lead singer is my yuppie dream.  Shelby, our afternoon DJ, sent this to me this morning, so I can't take any credit for finding these guys.


Robert DeLong: Jealousy

We are definitely playing this, I can tell you that much.  It's so catchy.  It's so FREAKING CATCHY.


Joywave: Destruction

God, I love weird-ass musicians.  This music video is awesome, and the song is quite badass...who knew whistling could work so well in a song?

Maren Morris: My Church

Because ladies are KILLING IT in country music right now and I had to share this song that I belt in the car on my way home from work.


Brothers Osborne: 21 Summer

I have been in love with TJ Osborne ever since I met him at a radio event and he asked me if I was 'hanging out later'.  It's the most arrogant story I have and I use it....too much.  But I love him, and I wish I had been hanging out rather than going to Voodoo Donuts because I was hungry.  This song is amazing and makes your shoulders shake and I love it.

That's all for right now...I'm so lucky to work in this industry and I love the situations it provides.  Let's cheers to more opportunities to get hit on by The Brothers Osborne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment