Thursday, March 10, 2016

I just signed a lease!

And it's really, really, REALLY exciting.  I want to shout it from the rooftops.

I think I already have, actually.  Maybe not from the rooftops, though.  Maybe in my car on my way home.

Right now I live in a house with two girls and it is...rough.  I used to live with my two best friends-- my sister and my old roommate, Hallie-- and then Hallie got a job in D.C. and Molly decided to move in with her fiance.

The girls in here are great, but it's hard living with two people who you don't know and still deal with a really stressful job...sometimes, all I want to do is come home and relax but people are talking and cooking and humming and it's a lot. 

Like I said-- they're amazing people, but I'm done with roommates for...a long time. 

OK! Done complaining. Now I want to talk furniture.

I am literally going crazy waiting two and a half months to move into my new place.  It's an old building with radiators and hardwood floors and a big, old fireplace in the living room.  My parents are being kind enough to give me their giant old burgundy couch, which isn't the cutest thing in the world but it's comfortable and reminds me of home.  I bought my dream black-and-white plaid shag rug (on sale, YUSSS) but now I have to figure out how to decorate the rest of it.  My pintrest is BLOWING UP, to say the least:


I'm such a decor snob, but something I'm resigning myself to is to not be so over the top about matching. Usually, I'm weird about things like mixing wood (browns) with black and white, and mixing colors that don't go together.

 If you know me at all, you know that I am OBSESSED with color-- my bedroom is the perfect hodgepodge of pink, yellow, blue, red, and white. But it doesn't all have to 'go' perfectly, and this is what I keep telling myself over and over and over. Wood can go with black and white and light blue can go with dark red and gold can go with silver....OKAY, that one's actually not going to happen anytime soon.

  I'm just anxious to get decorating, and I want to be in my place so badly I've started having dreams about it. I only have two and a half more months to go, and it's just gotta be a patient waiting game for me. For now, I'll just have to keep scrolling through pintrest and picking out my favorite rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment